• Hawaii Time Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time* Eastern Time Western European Eastern European Eastern Daylight

*Official unit time is Central Time. All times posted are in the Unit time unless otherwise indicated.

When I get to the point of loading after you select your slot, and hit ready/launch, the game goes to the screen where it displays the map and the loading bar up top. It slowly goes across and freezes at some point. It's at the point where i cannot use my mouse despite alt tabbing and whatnot. I would have to sign out or restart my pc in order to do anything.

In addition, occasionally, it will freeze upon an error message popping up which you're supposed to close. This isn't uncommon, and normally never causes any issue. Regardless as to the message that it displays, i cannot close it at all. The client freezes instead. However, i also notice that in the task manager it still shows 0.1% usage or something. Very confusing as to what is going on, it was working just fine yesterday.

I tried verifying game cache, making sure mods were correct, the typical stuff.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by SNA Z. P. Wilson

One problem solved:

I had previously deleted TFAR since we have updated to ACRE. I attempted to re-install TFAR and leave it unloaded, as well as insured the two files that were deleted (in relation to tfar) last patch are have been deleted. Once this was complete, i was able to load into the flight op server just fine. However, i still have a persisting issue where i cant load into the public server. Now, i cant get past a black screen where the arma3 logo usually pops up. It's supposed to pop up, show on the bottom left that you are connecting and connected, and should then take you to the slot selection screen. Now i can't even get to that. Any suggestions would be helpful.

If all else fails, your best bet, although somewhat time consuming, would be to wipe out your entire mod folder and redownload everything fresh.  I would also suggest wiping out Teamspeak and reinstalling, to get rid of anything left behind by TFAR.  You definitely should not have to have TFAR on your system at all now and the fact that reinstalling TFAR allowed you to get into a server leads me to believe there was some remnant of the mod left behind that was causing an issue.  It's definitely a lot of work, but honestly I think its your best place to start.  Always good to start fresh and go from there.  Can at least narrow things down a bit more. 

Update:

After many days of troubleshooting, it was the new acre2 mod causing issues.

I finally discovered, with the help of Flavin, that ACRE2 related stuff was the last thing being initialized every time the game was being launched.

So, with that said, we (for the second time) deleted acre2 stuff from my pc, but i ensured there was absolutely no residual files left behind upon deletion (ie appdata folder files, etc).

We reinstalled the file, and launched the game. It successfully loaded.

Thanks to everyone who put up with my bullshit trying to help! xD

• Like 1

Update:

The issue persists upon trying to load the game the 2nd time after the installation of the mod. I'm not quite sure what could be causing this. It seems a full deletion of the entire mod from the pc will allow the game to work. Running the game for the first time with the mod implemented after installation causes no issues, but anything beyond the first time the game continues to crash in the same spot.

I'm assuming this has something to do with the placement of the files that get created upon running acre2 the first time. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Update:

The issue has been solved again, hopefully permanently. 

This was the "tbd" fix for my issue, in case someone else comes across it:

Note: If the client seems to freeze after it is about to finish loading, it may be because of acre2 (if this has never been an issue before).

• Under the ACRE2 mod folder in the arma3 directory "steamapps/common/arma3/@acre2/" you will see a series of .dll files, all of which start with "acre" or "ACRE2Arma". Deleted everything from this folder, and left them in the recycling bin for the time being. Simply moving them to a folder on the desktop would do as well.
  • Ensure the clients I am running are either BOTH ran as administrator, or not ran as administrator.
  • Do NOT run teamspeak just yet.
  • Run Arma3, get into a server, let the game load. Make sure all mods including acre2 are included.
  • Once in the game, run teamspeak, get into a channel you want, etc.
  • Restore the files back into the place they belonged.
  • Go into teamspeak addons. Disable, refresh, and re-enable the mod.
  • If you go back into the game, it should say something similar to "ACRE2 has initialized through a lost portal" or something. You'll know when you see it.
  • That's pretty much it.

I have yet to have any more issues regarding this, hopefully it stays that way. I've tested running the game with teamspeak off, then starting it after the game has loaded. I have tried loading the game with both teamspeak and arma3 loaded. I pretty much stressed the test and have had 0 issues so far. Again: Hopefully, it stays this way.

On a side note: This issue could have something to do with my tobii eye tracker, or any other software that I have on the side. If the issue continues, that will be my next test.

I figure I'll just rap up everything we tried just in case this doesn't work for someone else. The following list is a list of things you can try if the above solution does not fix the issue. (Note: Both myself and Z. P. Wilson tried each of these BEFORE finding the issue was with ACRE2, this list is primarily for if the above solution doesn't fix your issue)

• First of all, you should refrence your Arma3 RPT files and try to see if its a mod issue (Found at C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Arma 3 You should be able to see files with the file extension .rpt)
  • Re-install your DirectX (Found at \steamapps\common\Arma 3\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010 | DXSETUP.exe)
  • Completely uninstall (Do so via the control panel) and re-install your graphics card drivers (In this case it was Nvidia Drivers but I assume the issue can occur while using an AMD Card)

These first steps seemed to fix the error code: 0x00000001 – UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI

However after this issue was solved we found an new error code: 0xCFFFFFFF - STATUS_APPLICATION_HANG.

When this issue popped up this is what we tried:

• Go to your Arma 3 Folder and go to a folder called DLL and delete the files there ending with a .dll file extension. (Found at \steamapps\common\Arma 3\Dll) then go to steam, right click, go to properties, go to local files, click verify integrity of game cache and wait. 
  • Open CMD Prompt as Administrator and type sfc /scannow . When thats done you should see something like this sfc-cmd-600x271.png

After this point I remember to check the RPT files and we found the root cause and we found out it was ACRE2 that was causing the problem.

I posted this trouble shooting list for those who cant fix their Arma/ACRE2 issues via the method posted by @SNA Z. P. Wilson. I hope this helps anyone else having trouble with their games.

Regards

Cpl Flavin

Update: 

New issue persists; the game will now load, but as soon as the fix is implemented I can no longer hear anyone in game or on ts. Ive tried the following so far:

- Restarted the plugin

- Disabled and reenabled the plugin

- Moved the files back out and in again

- Turned off anything to do with tobii eye tracker, but have yet to turn off any side processes. Not sure if there is any, but next time im on ill check.

- Made sure both the game and ts were running as either both admin or non admin

Any suggestions would be helpful.

9 hours ago, SNA Z. P. Wilson said:

Update: 

New issue persists; the game will now load, but as soon as the fix is implemented I can no longer hear anyone in game or on ts. Ive tried the following so far:

- Restarted the plugin

- Disabled and reenabled the plugin

- Moved the files back out and in again

- Turned off anything to do with tobii eye tracker, but have yet to turn off any side processes. Not sure if there is any, but next time im on ill check.

- Made sure both the game and ts were running as either both admin or non admin

Any suggestions would be helpful.

When in game with the Acre plugin enabled, you will not hear anyone over global. That is normal. If you turn off the plugin, you should be able to talk to and hear anyone else who is not running the plugin. Is that what is occurring, or something different?

Im next to the guy. They can hear me, but i cant hear them. They can also hear me on radio chatter, but i cannot hear them. Im checking all these while im next to them. I know how the program and plugin works, its an issue with the way mine is running.

Update: 2ndLt Muniz was able to assist in further fixing the issue. It has became an issue again since my last post. The current solution was a mixture of things. Firstly, disable the plugin for acre2. Remove 2 dll files located under your teamspeak3 plugin directory (wherever it may be on your pc; one is the 34 bit version the other is 64), going into the folder for the acre2 mod, and move the dll that pertains to your system (for me it was 64) and put that back into the plugin folder for teamspeak3. Once that is complete, you enable the mod and go into the game (with both being launched as admin, including battleye). This should fix it. If I'm missing something within that process, i'll post that later on.

Hope if anyone else comes across these issues, this will help. Use this as your first fix attempt, cause it seems to be a more proper solution for me.