• Hawaii Time Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time* Eastern Time Western European Eastern European Eastern Daylight

*Official unit time is Central Time. All times posted are in the Unit time unless otherwise indicated.

(Closed) Public Server Mod Request: ACSTG AI Cannot See Through Grass

Mod Name: ACSTG AI Cannot See Through Grass

Mod URL:

Reason: This is a well-known mod that stops the AI from shooting through grass. There is a thread on the workshop page for this and it appears that most, if not all, mods in our rotation do not have issues. Secondly, this mod makes higher foliage maps like Tanoa more tolerable to play. This, in turn, could allow the ability to play on more maps with better functionality and increase what maps are in the current rotation.

Edited by Sgt J. Glenn

I'm not speaking on behalf of S4 here.

This mod would need testing before being pushed onto official servers. As of now, it's only 2 months old and requires quite a bit of additional processing power per the mods author:
"The mod is doing quite a few calculations, but I have noticed no fps drop with 20 AI simultaneously swarming the player."

There is also a discussion in this thread about performance issues based on number of AI near players: 
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/2946868556/3827536762641779954/

If anyone is willing to do some testing on a private server, please share your server specs and settings as it could help S4 and MEU HQ approve this request.

8 hours ago, 1stLt Zahj said:

There is also a discussion in this thread about performance issues based on number of AI near players: 
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/2946868556/3827536762641779954/

I would be interested to see what the limit is of this. Thankfully, Liberation offers an AI spawn cap limit, currently set at 200 AI's, and if there is a reasonable AI:Player ratio that can be calculated, adjustments shouldn't be to difficult to achieve.

This mod requires intensive scripted calculations that makes it unsuitable for a high player count sandbox server. Additionally, sandbox missions like Liberation that already run into issues with script performance and memory leaks would only compound the performance cost introduced by this mod.

It's a great mod and I like the level of realism it provides, but it just doesn't match the requirements of our public server. 

• 15th 1

• 2ndLt J. Lane changed the title to (Closed) Public Server Mod Request: ACSTG AI Cannot See Through Grass