Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sgt Dawe

ACE interaction not working?

Question

Posted (edited)

So basically I can use the menu fine to interact with other objects or help out medically for other players, but for some reason I can't get it to work on myself, I can't get ear plugs in or use any of the equipment. The biggest issue is the ear plugs. I keep going deaf in game and can really use some help getting squared away. 

Edited by Cpl Dawe

SGT R. DAWE
Infantryman
3rd Battalion, 1st Marines

@AD%20-%20Dawe%20-%208-17xcf.png?raw=1AD-2yrservstrp_new.png?raw=1

7 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Dawe, is the self interaction binding actually bound to a key combo? It is a separate binding in the addon keybinds list.

Sorry, I know that's basic for you, but just making sure since you didn't mention it.

Edited by Cpl H. Taylor
1 person likes this

CPL H. TAYLOR | 15M1884
Infantryman | S-3 Range Instructor | S-4 Mission Team

@AD%20-%20Taylor,%20H%20-%204-17.png?rawAD-1yrservstrp_new.png?raw=1

Posted (edited)

I have the same problem with not opening the menu, i had to switch keys cause out of the nowhere, my windows key just stopped working. LtCol Saarema said to run arma 3 as administrator but that never worked for me. You can try that tho

Edited by C/LCpl Espiritu
1 person likes this

C/LCPL T. ESPIRITU | 15C0037
Infantryman
Cadet Corps

9 hours ago, C/LCpl Espiritu said:

I have the same problem with not opening the menu, i had to switch keys cause out of the nowhere, my windows key just stopped working. LtCol Saarema said to run arma 3 as administrator but that never worked for me. You can try that tho

I'm uncertain how similar this is to Cpl Dawe's problem, but I know why your windows key may not be working. You likely pressed the windows lock key or WinLock key on your keyboard. This was an issue for me, and took me a while to figure out.

This can be undone by simply finding your WinLock key and clicking it (it will either say "win lock" or appear to be a windows symbol embedded into a lock symbol).

1 person likes this

CPL H. HARRIS | 15M3132

Infantryman | S-1 Personnel Clerk | S-9 Media Team

I think Mr Harris is on the right track.  I had a similar problem to the point I deleted my arma 3 profiles and rebuilt them thinking it would help (RIP all my money and gear from King of the hill and Wasteland).

I finally figured out that when my son was doing homework on my PC he hit the game config button on my Logitech keyboard which disables the windows key.  I hit the button and I am good to go now.  Well, minus the profiles I was dumb enough to delete.

1 person likes this

MAJ D. A. THOMAS | 15M2509
S-3 Operations Officer | TBS Instructor | S-1 Awards and Decorations Chief
MEU Headquarters

AD-Thomas,D.%20A.-5-17.png?raw=1

Posted (edited)

Ensure you are running correct CBA also, and not running multiple versions of anything 

Edited by LCpl J. Ball
1 person likes this

LCPL J. BALL | 15M2877
Infantryman

Thanks fellas! It was completely unbounded. I thought it was a mod issue, but for it to be something as simple as a control profile issue? I am outta the game fellas. Thanks for all the help. 

1 person likes this

SGT R. DAWE
Infantryman

@AD%20-%20Dawe%20-%208-17xcf.png?raw=1AD-2yrservstrp_new.png?raw=1

Sometimes that happens if you update, or are in a server with funky settings. If it is just a freak occurrence of random control rebounds, id backup your profile pbo file that way if it ever completely shits on you, you aren't spending hours reminding EVERYTHING like I have before. 

LCPL J. BALL | 15M2877
Infantryman