• Hawaii Time Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time* Eastern Time Western European Eastern European Eastern Daylight

*Official unit time is Central Time. All times posted are in the Unit time unless otherwise indicated.

slightly same hw how did i lose 20 fps

Arvin

here is my specs 

Processor: AMD FX 8350 4.0 ghz x4
RAM Corsair 8GB DDR3 1866
Motherboard Asus M5A97 2.0 EVO
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64bit
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1060 3GB

1TB HDD

i use the asylum server for benchmarking and i used to get 40-60 fps avg on there and now i only get 30-35 fps. i upgraded from a radeon 7770 1gb and from what i can remember i got about the same fps if not just a smidge better with the 1060. was there a game/windows update that is eating my fps? with the liberation map on the main 15th server i only get about 30-40 fps but it dips to 20 alot and i cannot play it.

Arma does not care for your Graphics Card. It wants your CPU. I use to have the same exact CPU as you, and recently was upgraded to a Ryzen 5 and letme tell you the difference is.. beyond explainable.  But even then.. I can't get over 40 fps, because even if your computer could run it, you can't get a higher FPS then the Server FPS, and that's typically around 40 on a good day. All a better CPU does is remove the amount of stutter and dropage.

Make sure you are running the 64-bit client, you can turn on parameters within the Arma 3 launcher like World set to empty to avoid it caching more ram, you can turn on ram allocations, and if you ever change over to an intel chip make sure to turn on hyper threading if the chip supports it. But as others have said it is a CPU and Ram heavy game so higher clock speeds, cache, and cores will typically give better performance and having under 8gb of ram will lead to crashes from memory leaks. The maps and missions depending on the maker can have terrible memory leaks, we heavily vet our maps and missions to avoid these problems but Arma is Arma and it will always do what it wants.

Might be a long shot but there is a scope in the arsenal that will tank your FPS if you use it. Can't for the life of me remember which one it was and it likely isn't your problem but just in case: there it is. With that said, Arma is a CPU heavy game as others have said. Could just be that.

Edited by Sgt Saylor

2 hours ago, Sgt Saylor said:

Might be a long shot but there is a scope in the arsenal that will tank your FPS if you use it. Can't for the life of me remember which one it was and it likely isn't your problem but just in case: there it is. With that said, Arma is a CPU heavy game as others have said. Could just be that.

It is the problem I used that scope and I dropped drastically when I get back on in the morning I'll edit this and put which scope it is. We have like 10 to 15 people that have said it's the scope

• Like 1