• Hawaii Time Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time* Eastern Time Western European Eastern European Eastern Daylight

*Official unit time is Central Time. All times posted are in the Unit time unless otherwise indicated.

Been having a lot of problems lately with peoples radios just deciding to stop working in the middle of an OP. From what I have seen its random and the Radios will just stop working with each other. For instance I may not be able to hear Person 1 over the radio, but he can hear me, and Person 2 cant hear me but I can hear him. It makes for some very difficult radio comms when information is having to be passed between multiple people before it reaches the intended person. I have no idea what is causing random drops like this because everyone is running TS 3.1.10 and the radio freqs themselves are not dropping out, but even if everything is going smoothly, someone may just drop of of comms cause of this.

Almost forgot from what i have seen it is ONLY 152 TYPES RADIOS as in the 152 and 177 as well. I have not heard of anyone having problems with 343s.

• Thanks 1

@C/Sgt E. Higgins

I'm having issues with 152s, 117s, and the new ones mounted in our airframes. I have yet to try the 343s, but it's very finicky. I've found on one occasion that if I traded someone radios that they suddenly work. However, the same couldnt be said yesterday during some non mandatory training. Tried getting the same results, but now everyone had issues.

This will be a very big problem until a solution is found. It's not just you.

Edited by 1stLt Z. P. Wilson

And everyone is going into Controls > Configure Addons > Acre2 and deleting the default Radio Push to Talk keybind (default set to Capslock) and only assigning keys to Alternate PTT 1, 2 and 3? That is highly recommended for a less confusing experience.

Edited by SSgt Riggenti

12 hours ago, 1stLt Z. P. Wilson said:

@C/Sgt E. Higgins

I'm having issues with 152s, 117s, and the new ones mounted in our airframes. I have yet to try the 343s, but it's very finicky. I've found on one occasion that if I traded someone radios that they suddenly work. However, the same couldnt be said yesterday during some non mandatory training. Tried getting the same results, but now everyone had issues.

This will be a very big problem until a solution is found. It's not just you.

I used to have success switching radios but during my last OP that was unsuccessful so I wanted to see if others were having this problem. I have no idea about 343s since I don’t use them but everything else I have had issues with.

@C/LCpl Sanderson your now my runner lol

you basically were one during the op tho lol

Edited by C/Sgt E. Higgins

7 hours ago, SSgt Riggenti said:

And everyone is going into Controls > Configure Addons > Acre2 and deleting the default Radio Push to Talk keybind (default set to Capslock) and only assigning keys to Alternate PTT 1, 2 and 3? That is highly recommended for a less confusing experience.

@SSgt Riggenti At this time it's more convenient for me to utilize the PTT and the cycle radio function because of my hotas configuration and some buttons deciding they don't want to work every now and then. I will try this and see if this resolves my issue, but there's no "confusion" here. It's an actual technical issue.

Note: the buttons aren't malfunctioning when I'm attempting to transmit.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 1stLt Z. P. Wilson said:

@SSgt Riggenti At this time it's more convenient for me to utilize the PTT and the cycle radio function because of my hotas configuration and some buttons deciding they don't want to work every now and then. I will try this and see if this resolves my issue, but there's no "confusion" here. It's an actual technical issue.

Note: the buttons aren't malfunctioning when I'm attempting to transmit.

Well poop, I was hoping it would be an easy fix like that, but thank you for the confirmation.

Allow me to add my 2 cents. When we ran ACRE during the last HALO mission it performed flawlessly. The issue might have something to do with our mod pack. Maybe an investigation to rule this out.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I have found the problem or at least a sense of direction to it
So for example: When I joined in on the 12 hour op, everyone from ACE who where in the server at the beginning, got their radios from the same box & everything worked just fine. No problem at all

Later on, when someone joined up like Lt Charboneau, they got their radios from the same box, but people, who got their radios at the beginning like myself couldn't hear him. 
When I died in that server, I reset my gear at the same box as in did in the start & I could hear him again

So it seems to be ralated to when someone joined up later then others or maybe if they get the radios from a different box?

The last official operation, all ACE pilots got their radios at the same box at the same time & from what I was told, there wasn't any problems for ACE's radios

It's a pattern I have noticed but I don't know if it is that - Can anyone relate to this?
@Sgt H. Taylor 

Edited by Capt D. Johansen

The pattern I've seen, and seems to be reiterated in S2 Zeus, is the 152 and 117 radios in the saved loadout don't work. If you pull a new radio from Arsenal, it will work. I remember a similar issue we had with TFAR radios a while back, and having to pull radios separately from loadouts.

8 minutes ago, SSgt Riggenti said:

The pattern I've seen, and seems to be reiterated in S2 Zeus, is the 152 and 117 radios in the saved loadout don't work. If you pull a new radio from Arsenal, it will work. I remember a similar issue we had with TFAR radios a while back, and having to pull radios separately from loadouts.

This most likely. When you make your loadout you need to make sure your radios don't "initialize." I.e. they say AN/PRC 152 instead of AN/PRC 152 CH:1 or something along those lines. If it initializes when you save it then it will cause issues due to the way ACRE initializes radios on every server.

Well, swapped out the radios for new ones, didn't seem to help.

On top of that, noticed a trend where sometimes radios would work if you swapped with someone else, or even changed hearing settings from both to left or right ear. Sometimes worse, sometimes better. It's very unstable at this time.

Will try recreating my loadout without the radios included.