• Hawaii Time Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time* Eastern Time Western European Eastern European Eastern Daylight

*Official unit time is Central Time. All times posted are in the Unit time unless otherwise indicated.

Unban request

Nicolas75

Gamer Name: Lynk

Date of Ban:20180425

ArmA, Teamspeak, or Both?: ArmA

ArmA ID: 76561198150283468
Reason for Ban: Probably disrespect

Comments: was disrespecting trolls, whatever. they told me to stop i didnt say another word, was kicked twice each before i even loaded into the game, then tried to load again and was banned, last words before the ban "keep it up and you'll be banned, again i didnt even say anything after. ( could hear through ts the douche who was kicking, laughing.. he said kick him three times and was laughing he was obviously trolling me and abusing his admin powers. again whatever...) 

Edited by Nicolas75
Added ID

Mr. Lynk,

Sorry to hear that your gaming experience was interrupted by a sudden ban.  After reading your statement and watching the recorded video of the events that transpired posted by my admin in their report, I would like to offer you the chance to expand on the events that happened resulting in the ban.  Specifically things involving SMAWs or other explosive devices.

Signed,

LtCol M. Alexander

MEU Executive Officer 

Nicolas75 or Lynk, 

Typically, when someone has been banned and they post an unban request, it is with an eye to actually being unbanned.  This post does nothing to explain your actions, show contrition for those actions or generally explain what happened in a coherent way.  I read this for the first time last night and thought that perhaps I was just tired from a long day and needed some rest to understand it better.  When I just read it again I realized you need to work on it.  

I am posting this to enlighten you on how this works so you can better prepare yourself for what may eventually happen.  If the CO or XO of the unit does not respond shortly, I will be the one deciding your fate in this situation.  When someone is banned, there is a report that goes along with it.  I have already reviewed the reports (plural) and seen video evidence of the incident you were banned for.  What we look for in an unban request is basically, what happened, why did it happen and will it happen again.  None of which we got in this post.  

When the CO, XO or myself respond to this post, we will typically ask for a meeting in TeamSpeak and give you the chance to respond to the allegations leveled against you.  It will go a long way if you have a post here explaining your actions.  Please keep in mind, second chances are sometimes given but I have never seen a third.

Major D. A. Thomas

Operations Officer

Edit to acknowledge the XO has responded while I was typing this message.

6 hours ago, LtCol M. Alexander said:

Mr. Lynk,

Sorry to hear that your gaming experience was interrupted by a sudden ban.  After reading your statement and watching the recorded video of the events that transpired posted by my admin in their report, I would like to offer you the chance to expand on the events that happened resulting in the ban.  Specifically things involving SMAWs or other explosive devices.

Signed,

LtCol M. Alexander

MEU Executive Officer 

I was shooting smaws and I killed a Russian tank I think it was a t72 I saw the guy behind me by the mobile spawn recording me, I was shooting at the hill trying to hit the tank before it Crest like arching the drop off the rocket.. near impossible. Yeah it was stupid but I was bored,  OUTSIDE OF BASE and didn't feel like waiting for it to crest the hill to shoot the mobile respawn. ( And I eventually killed it ) anything else that needs clarification let me know. And I shot mortars at a town no one was in or near.

Edited by Nicolas75
Added another detail

Mr. Lynk,

After speaking with all of those involved, I believe I now have a pretty good idea of the events that transpired (including a recording of the entire incident).  It is quite clear that you made a very good SMAW shot directly onto 2 BluFor personnel.  While the shot was admirable, it is also very much against our rules of professionalism on the server.  I will not be granting you an unban at this time as I believe that your ideals and our units are not in line.  I wish you good luck in your future gaming endeavors.

Signed,

LtCol M. Alexander

MEU Executive Officer

• Like 1