• Hawaii Time Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time* Eastern Time Western European Eastern European Eastern Daylight

*Official unit time is Central Time. All times posted are in the Unit time unless otherwise indicated.

The best video settings

Maeda

Hello Everyone,  

Even though I've just gotten back into ArmA 3, I still need to learn about having the best FPS settings and video resolution based on my PC specs. I'm still learning about how my specs work and I've gotten some of the basics down thanks to my friends. I was wondering if someone was able to give out some tips or solutions to having the best FPS results without playing on the lowest settings if possible in ArmA 3. If I have to lower everything, so be it. Thank you for your time.

My PC Specs:

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz

Video Card
Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

RAM
8.0 GB

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit

....and yes, I'm playing on a laptop.

1 hour ago, Harris said:

What settings do you currently use and what's the average FPS you get with those settings?

I now have it set up with Ultra on Textures, objects, and shadows. Everything else is either disabled or on the lowest settings. The view distance is also reduced to the shortest as well. As for FPS, on average 20-30 FPS.

Before everything was lowered and it was still the same. The only time I got 60 FPS was when I turned down the resolution to 50% but its hard to make out stuff from far away

3 hours ago, GySgt Cariddo said:

Best bet for you, turn resolution to 1600×900. 

Not much effect, but thanks for the tip Gunny

Disabled shadows, even though it looks gross, it raised my FPS to about 30-40

Edited by Pvt Maeda