• Hawaii Time Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time* Eastern Time Western European Eastern European Eastern Daylight

*Official unit time is Central Time. All times posted are in the Unit time unless otherwise indicated.

I don't know if this is just me who have this "war" with this awful map, but every time I'm playing Tanoa, in a event that has alot of people - like a task force size - my computer acts up in such a worring way

First thing that happens after like an hour, my frames starts to drop from my normal 50 to 20-30 frames. This is the first & only warning before havoc

Second thing happenes after 5-10 min, my screen freezes for like 1-2 seconds. But when returning, my frames drop to 3-4 FPS & I get these minecraft grafics that makes my eyes bleed. The RCO sight would display as an small black box on my M4. Imagine an CH-53E now.. Thank god for auto-hover & Co-pilots
After 5 seconds or so, the FPS collects itself & goes to 30 FPS again.
If I have any passengers, then this is the time where I'm going to land so they can make it out safely weather it's 1 km & 50 km from the LZ

But that was just a warning shot. In about 3 mikes or so after the first major FPS drop, it happens again! This time, it sicks until I reboot the game. I can still talk to people on the radio normally until my game crashes

After the crash, people could still hear me "hotmicing" but my adapter was muted & my headset was disconnected from the adapter itself. 

It's worth point out that if fog are on the map, then all of this happenes faster.
All of this only happens on Tanoa. Weather it due to major people numbers, fog, ect

I can play all maps normally without FPS drop where my normally stays at 60. Malden, Abramia, Takistan, no matter

Would anyone have any idea what is going on, or better yet, how to fix it? 
As this is problem are around, I'm grounding myself on that map to avoid killing people I'm transporting. I can't risk having 1 CH-53E burning up with 24 or less E-marines in or around it because of a problem I knew about

Edited by 2ndLt D. Johansen

I monitored some specs such as CPU and GPU temps. CPU and GPU usage etc.

All temperatures were running fine with the game running, though the CPU usage was peaking at 90% and higher. It looks like the processor is making more work of the game than need be. I'm not exactly amazing at fixing these things so maybe that will be of some help.

CPU usage was the only thing spiking. Everything else was running as expected.

Edited by 1stLt Smyth

I experience the same problem, it has screwed me over twice now during training/ftx's.
I'm not a computer guy, but all the research

i've done shows the following.

It's a memory issue that has something to do with ArmA3 reaching maximum memory due to the extremities that Tanoa entails. For whatever reason, ArmA3 fails to ask the CPU for extra allotted memory to compensate. 

The issue has persisted for a year now, Bi is aware of it and has failed to produce a fix.
I have no clue why it only happens to a select few people. My computer is on the lower end in terms of capability but I do not believe that has to do with the glitch occurring.

At present there appears to be no fix. 
For my most recent training I have lowered my view distance to 1000 and object distance to 500 and it was completely fine until things REALLY hit the fan at the very end, then the issue persisted.

Wish I knew a fix but so far the interweb has nothing. thinking about buying a new computer myself personally but even then, who knows if that will correct it.

On 13/11/2017 at 8:45 AM, 2ndLt D. Johansen said:

Intel Core i5 7500 - 8GB DDR4 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti - Windows 10

64 bit

@Capt Steever has been working with my system, I don't completely understand what he did, but maybe he can say for himself

@SSgt C. Johnston

He's using A3Sync with no hardware or launch options activated. I ran Furmark and Prime95 for about 10 minutes and the machine never shit the bed so it's not a hardware issue most likely. I completely nuked the nvidia drivers and put in the latest stuff. Told him to try it out and go from there.

Reported it also happened on the public server on the Takistan map (IIRC)

I checked logs and there's no events where software is listed as crashing out on the day it happened by windows either.

Edited by Capt Steever

1 minute ago, Capt Steever said:

@SSgt C. Johnston

He's using A3Sync with no hardware or launch options activated. I ran Furmark and Prime95 for about 10 minutes and the machine never shit the bed so it's not a hardware issue most likely. I completely nuked the nvidia drivers and put in the latest stuff. Told him to try it out and go from there.

Reported it also happened on the public server on the Takistan map (IIRC)

The fact my computer flipped his stresstest the finger made me happy C: 

I'm going to test if it worked the next chance time an event comes along

Not to be that guy but 10 minutes for "stress tests" is nothing. The sets ran will also give varied results. Burn in tests for overclocking is recommended for at least 24+ hours to be "stable" . I'd say run them again or run a memtest to see if that is also an issue.

4 hours ago, SSgt C. Johnston said:

Take a screenshot of your launcher options all of them. 

I have no launcher options in Arma 3 enabled

4 hours ago, HM3 (FMF) T. Caron said:

Not to be that guy but 10 minutes for "stress tests" is nothing. The sets ran will also give varied results. Burn in tests for overclocking is recommended for at least 24+ hours to be "stable" . I'd say run them again or run a memtest to see if that is also an issue.

Sounds vaild. I'm going to regroup with Steever when that chance presents itself & see if he wants to do it again