• Hawaii Time Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time* Eastern Time Western European Eastern European Eastern Daylight

*Official unit time is Central Time. All times posted are in the Unit time unless otherwise indicated.

Game crashes

Shum

Hello Fellow members of the 15th Unit:

Since buying Arma3, I have experienced daily in-game crashes which has greatly affected my ability to play the game. I have tried re-installing the game, tried re-installing my video card i tried everything but nothing has been able to fix this issue? Does anyone have had similar exp and was able to fix, or knows how to fix this issue?

thanks,

Simon

A little more detail on said crashes would be useful as well. Does your entire setup crash or just the game? In which way is the crash evident, do you get an actual error message or straight to blue-screen?

Some more details as well such as, what are you doing when it crashes, running, flying, driving or just standing there trying to get a load out.  

I had had a huge issue when I first bought the game where it would work fine in vanilla but any mod caused issues. How does it work with no mods?

Post all the detail you can. We have some smart and experienced folks here willing to assist. 

On 10/16/2017 at 11:46 PM, Sgt Muir said:

Hey there PFC. Lets see what we can do.

First things first please post your computer's specs. The CPU, GPU, the Amount of Ram, and your operating system.

Hello, this may be a stupid question but how can i do that?

On 10/17/2017 at 12:06 AM, LtCol Saarema said:

A little more detail on said crashes would be useful as well. Does your entire setup crash or just the game? In which way is the crash evident, do you get an actual error message or straight to blue-screen?

Just the game. My character would free then the game would quit out on me. There used to be error messages but since i started using Arma sync i started gettiing no error message at all.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:05 AM, Maj D. A. Thomas said:

Some more details as well such as, what are you doing when it crashes, running, flying, driving or just standing there trying to get a load out.  

I had had a huge issue when I first bought the game where it would work fine in vanilla but any mod caused issues. How does it work with no mods?

Post all the detail you can. We have some smart and experienced folks here willing to assist. 

Thats the thing, I am just playing the game like everyone else would crash. There is no set timer sometimes it happens after 20, sometimes an hour. This past sunday it crashed like 3 times. I remember when I first bought the game without the mods, the game would crash as well when I was playing single player. 

its probably heat your computer is getting too hot and shutting down to save itself try cleaning out your computer all the fans and the heatsink fan use compressed air and an old toothbrush or a clean 2 inch paint brush ..also if you can take off the cpu fan clean off the thermal paste and re apply it  

Yeah I can see some of it. Still don't know about your GPU, but that is alright. I am going to recommend a piece of software called HWMonitor. HWMonitor will allow you to watch what your computer is doing when it comes to Temps, fan speeds, and it will list off all of your parts.

If you can run the program, let your computer run for a bit, screen shot it for us to see. Then run the computer in Arma. If Arma starts to act up, if you can, Alt Tab to the monitor and take a screen shot before it crashes.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

On 10/18/2017 at 9:32 PM, Sgt Muir said:

Yeah I can see some of it. Still don't know about your GPU, but that is alright. I am going to recommend a piece of software called HWMonitor. HWMonitor will allow you to watch what your computer is doing when it comes to Temps, fan speeds, and it will list off all of your parts.

If you can run the program, let your computer run for a bit, screen shot it for us to see. Then run the computer in Arma. If Arma starts to act up, if you can, Alt Tab to the monitor and take a screen shot before it crashes.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

So i actually got a notification this time, its the Arma 3 crash error: 0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION code

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/490121928347895068/?ctp=3 

This forum post has a couple of fixes from people with the same problem.

Try them out and see if it helps.

Edited by Cpl De Munck