• Hawaii Time Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time* Eastern Time Western European Eastern European Eastern Daylight

*Official unit time is Central Time. All times posted are in the Unit time unless otherwise indicated.

So today Im finally asking for help to some issues with my pc, the disk usage is always around 100% being used and my pc has started to act slower in general but while in a certain game called GTA5 I get alot and i mean alot of lag from just driving around and I was thinking it was a RAM issue but i want a second opinion to hope its not a virus or some bullshit so that i dont need to buy more RAM right away.

Specs: 8gbs RAM fx6300 AMD and GPU is a Nvidia GTX 960

Just looking for some opinions as I dont know too much about PCs

Ok i can give you some things but im not 100% sure it will work .,but it cant hurt

1) run Disc cleanup its in windows accessories 

2) download these programs and then run them in this order

kapersyk TDSSKiller

3a.) iobit malware fighter

3b.)cccleaner

3c.)iobit malwarefighter

3d.)iobit smartdefrag

3e.)iobit advanced system care

3f.)your antivirus ( i use eset smart security, if you dont have one you can get a 30 day free trial)

see if it helps

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SSgt Sicuro said:

Ok i can give you some things but im not 100% sure it will work .,but it cant hurt

1) run Disc cleanup its in windows accessories 

2) download these programs and then run them in this order

kapersyk TDSSKiller

3a.) iobit malware fighter

3b.)cccleaner

3c.)iobit malwarefighter

3d.)iobit smartdefrag

3e.)iobit advanced system care

3f.)your antivirus ( i use eset smart security, if you dont have one you can get a 30 day free trial)

see if it helps

Will do this now, wish me luck, thank you again.

A computer is only as strong as it's weakest link. Here's my take on what is happening.

1. 8GB of RAM is probably enough, might as well get another 8 of DDR3. Or hell, just replace them with 2 sticks of 8. ($50-$140)
  2. Replace the graphics card with a Nvidia 1060 or higher. Guaranteed performance upgrade. ($200-$550. A 1080 is $550, it's better to save up then buy lowest tier.)
  3. If you're running windows 10, disk usage (In task manager) is pretty useless.
  4. Although, let's say that it your hard drive. You may have a failing hard drive. You need to ask yourself a few questions about what you want to do for an upgrade.
    1. How much storage?
    2. Can you afford a SSD or M.2 drives? (Can your motherboard support a M.2?)

Good luck, and even though it's expensive, have fun.

1 hour ago, Cpl Towers said:

A computer is only as strong as it's weakest link. Here's my take on what is happening.

1. 8GB of RAM is probably enough, might as well get another 8 of DDR3. Or hell, just replace them with 2 sticks of 8. ($50-$140)
  2. Replace the graphics card with a Nvidia 1060 or higher. Guaranteed performance upgrade. ($200-$550. A 1080 is $550, it's better to save up then buy lowest tier.)
  3. If you're running windows 10, disk usage (In task manager) is pretty useless.
  4. Although, let's say that it your hard drive. You may have a failing hard drive. You need to ask yourself a few questions about what you want to do for an upgrade.
    1. How much storage?
    2. Can you afford a SSD or M.2 drives? (Can your motherboard support a M.2?)

Good luck, and even though it's expensive, have fun.

With this info I say thank you! I have been told it maybe a HDD issue also, but either way im still running programs that Sicuro told me about and if this does not help ill start saving money... Total end price for the Ram,GPU, and HDD plus a CPU because mine is like 5 years old is around $900 but i could also work on that price also.