• Hawaii Time Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time* Eastern Time Western European Eastern European Eastern Daylight

*Official unit time is Central Time. All times posted are in the Unit time unless otherwise indicated.

Hey all,

I was in the 15th pretty much a lifetime ago when I was still in high school, and left it when I had to move out for college and was no longer able to play (for those who are looking to feel old, this was a good seven years ago!).

I’ve missed Arma milsim a goodly amount since then, and played with more casual groups over the years. With college over and me having a regular 8-to-4, I’ve started to look back at these spaces and wondering if I should give them a go again.

As the title implies: what’s been going on since I was gone? I remember vaguely how things were during the MEU’s inaugural campaign on Altis and our last deployment in Arma 2, and I remember a full logistics group being toyed with being added… but beyond that, I’m in the blind!

Jen

11 minutes ago, LCpl J. G. Samuels said:

Around therre

Ahhh, gotcha gotcha.

Yeah I was looking around and man there’s not a lot of faces and names I remember anymore. Penny’s retired, pretty sure any NCOs I did know are long gone, and there’s like name or two I recognize in the ACE…

18 minutes ago, J. Hyrtwyn said:

Ahhh, gotcha gotcha.

Yeah I was looking around and man there’s not a lot of faces and names I remember anymore. Penny’s retired, pretty sure any NCOs I did know are long gone, and there’s like name or two I recognize in the ACE…

Haha

You missed a good amount since 2014.

Namely, we're a hell of a lot smaller than we were back then, in part due to the fact that the 9-year-old Arma 3 doesn't attract many new people anymore, and because we're far from the only game in town with regard to serious milsim.

I believe we peaked around the time you left, at seven rifle platoons and two weapons platoons (plus a section in G Co), a tank platoon, an AAV platoon, a LAR platoon, an artillery battery, a force reconnaissance platoon, and six aviation squadrons totaling thirty-four aircraft.

We're now two rifle platoons, two task-organized weapon sections, an ACV platoon, a MARSOC team, and two aviation squadrons for a total of six aircraft. In truth though, this just means less paperwork - the number of positions on a server hasn't really changed, we just host two task force servers instead of eight.

And Calais is still head of the BAS.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 1stLt Karelia said:

You missed a good amount since 2014.

Namely, we're a hell of a lot smaller than we were back then, in part due to the fact that the 9-year-old Arma 3 doesn't attract many new people anymore, and because we're far from the only game in town with regard to serious milsim.

I believe we peaked around the time you left, at seven rifle platoons and two weapons platoons (plus a section in G Co), a tank platoon, an AAV platoon, a LAR platoon, an artillery battery, a force reconnaissance platoon, and six aviation squadrons totaling thirty-four aircraft.

We're now two rifle platoons, two task-organized weapon sections, an ACV platoon, a MARSOC team, and two aviation squadrons for a total of six aircraft. In truth though, this just means less paperwork - the number of positions on a server hasn't really changed, we just host two task force servers instead of eight.

And Calais is still head of the BAS.

Oh wow, yeah, that’s a hell of a change. I’m frankly just glad it’s still kicking - and hopefully Arma 4 being on the horizon might allow things to start to expand again. Heaven knows it’s got me looking at it really seriously.

Good to see you again - and I can’t believe Calais is still at it. Kudos to them!

Just now, Cpl Belgrave said:

Its always good to have old school members come back, even if they've been gone for a while, allows them to bring some old school knowledge to the table.

I'll try to bring what I have! I don't think I ever really lost the knack for things, even if the doctrine and procedures have faded from memory.

I was around really only long enough for the unit's last deployment in Arma 2 and its first deployment in Arma 3, and I don't remember specifics quite as well anymore due to just how long ago it was. I do remember during the first Altis campaign that night surprise offensive and how the entire MEU got its nose bloodied. Our platoon literally ran out of AT throwing back what had to have been a company of mech. infantry with armor support rushing up the hill to our COP!