• Hawaii Time Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time* Eastern Time Western European Eastern European Eastern Daylight

*Official unit time is Central Time. All times posted are in the Unit time unless otherwise indicated.

Need help with mods (ace_fcs.dll not installed)

Hey everyone

Ever since we updated our modpack I've been getting issues when launching A3. Whenever I get into the editor I get this message: xclVFvb.jpg

After clicking OK it automatically boots me back to the editor.

As you can see it's saying that ace_fcs.dll is missing, this is however not the case. Both .dll files & the .pbo file are present within the folder.

(I tried launching the game while having the files temporary removed but that didn't help.) I tried replacing the .dll files using the regular ace pack that's provided on the repo but I'm still getting the issue.

LNEzrVJ.png

I have looked on google and noticed this was a known issue about 2 years ago, and I'm coming to the conclusion that it's happening because BE is blocking certain .DLL files

lEaPMiJ.jpg

I have BE installed and have not been banned from the game. I just did a CI of W10 & downloaded all the mods again using A3 Sync.

(Tried manually downloading the 15th mods but i'm still getting the same error.) 

Having BE disabled does not fix anything & I've already tried manually updating it. (I have the newest version)

I'm about 1% away from punching my monitor so I'd really appreciate any help that I could get.

Help me 15th MEU, you're my only hope.

You can find the .RPT file & a list of my mods below:

https://pastebin.com/jpyuF5eE - .RPT File (Disregard the TFAR & STHUD errors, I haven't tweaked these yet.)

http://i.imgur.com/ScVShJC.png - Current modlist (I normally also run TAO's folding map & 9Lines & Notepad)

All you have to do is uncheck that handy-dandy enable BattlEye button and you'll be golden. I've had the same issue and that's my workaround to it. 15th servers don't require you to have it enabled in the first place anyway.

21 hours ago, LCpl De Munck said:

lEaPMiJ.jpg

26 minutes ago, Sgt Sharon said:

All you have to do is uncheck that handy-dandy enable BattlEye button and you'll be golden. I've had the same issue and that's my workaround to it. 15th servers don't require you to have it enabled in the first place anyway.

Unchecked my BattlEye but the issue is still there. 

There won't be another infantry operation for a little while so I'd just recommend completely reinstalling mods and arma 3. Whenever I have to, I just queue everything up and leave my PC on overnight and they are done by the next morning if not when I get home from class/work. 

Only do this if there is not a clear solution obviously. But if it's not something easily fixed it might just be easier to wipe her clean and redownload.

Edited by 2ndLt Kauer

I'm getting this issue both in the editor (Every map & also on the 15th servers doesn't matter which template is being loaded.) I'm using these mods which I got from the repository

ScVShJC.png

Here is a list of everything that I've tried already:

- Reinstalling A3 and removing all relevant files 

- Verifying game cache (no files are being downloaded)

- Removing all BE files and let steam redownload them

- Install fresh BE files from the Battleye website

- Clean installing windows 10 + wiping ssd twice

- Manually downloading the 15th modpack

- Using the repo to download our modpack

- Using vanilla ace version 3.9.1 & 9.2 (getting the same error)

- Running A3 and all BE files as admin

- Allowing A3 and Battleye as exeptions to my firewall

- Deactivating firewall and AV (Windows Defender & AVG)

- Tried making a new A3 profile

- Launching arma with BE disabled

Edited by LCpl De Munck