• Hawaii Time Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time* Eastern Time Western European Eastern European Eastern Daylight

*Official unit time is Central Time. All times posted are in the Unit time unless otherwise indicated.

Low volume levels on the server

Arvin

yeah i did that and to be more specific the volume levels are so low i cannot hear but i do hear a little. usually its louder over the TFR than it is over teamspeak but both are so low that i have to ask ppl to repeat

Is it their proximity to you? Are they set to Whisper/Normal/Yelling? (Shift+~).

Talk over radios should be the same volume as TeamSpeak without TFAR.

Does it happen when you are on an official server (during Recruit Training or ITB)?

Do you happen to be using a crew helmet?

That helmet reduces the sound level of everything around you so that could be the case as well.

EDIT:

If radios are also quiet, the above is not the case. 

Edited by Sgt A. Hansen

1 hour ago, Sgt Riggenti said:

Is it their proximity to you? Are they set to Whisper/Normal/Yelling? (Shift+~).

Talk over radios should be the same volume as TeamSpeak without TFAR.

Does it happen when you are on an official server (during Recruit Training or ITB)?

last night i was talking to a guy seated in the hmmv with me and i couldnt hear him over local chat and with TFR it was still too low. i had to turn my volume up to 80 which is was higher than watching dvd movies which i set at 60. so there is a big difference. and yes this is all 15th servers

and when you open the Mixer in your Windows Volume Controls (while running TeamSpeak), if you change the TeamSpeak level does that help?

I do know that generally, in game voices are a little lower than if someone is speaking in Global in the same channel.

Other settings include the Playback settings in TeamSpeak > Options.

Not sure, until I did testing with you in game. I am available tomorrow night to do that if you need.

1 hour ago, HR R. Bain said:

would this also be similar to it displaying a low volume message even thought volume is fine? Because ive gotten that a lot recently

Are you talking about the speaker icon? That's not a volume error indicator, that tells you what volume (whisper, normal, yelling) you are talking at.

Edited by SSgt Ziegler

I also have this issue and have had it since TFAR 0.9.12.

my only solution is to take my TS master volume from its usual +4 or +5dB all the way up to +13dB (nearly a TWENTY times increase over base gain) when I get in game and TFAR activates. Unfortunately the downside of this is that I get severe ear pain if someone sniffles on global.

Edited by Cpl H. Taylor

I'm not sure if you still have the issue, but it might be your windows lowering down your volume. Right Click speaker icon, select sounds, go to communication's, choose do nothing save your settings via hitting Ok button. I used to have this issue while using skype, it might be same thing.

Check out your in-game TFAR volume options too. Where you can find this settings as follows: Configure>Game>Configure Addons>Choose TFAR. I'm not sure if there is an in-game setting for direct communication volume, but there is for radio volume and intercom volume. I can't remember if there is, just check it out.