A step-by-step guide to joining the 15th MEU(SOC) Realism Unit
1.) Make sure you meet our requirements for joining:
- Minimum Age Requirement: 14 to 16. Those above the age of 16 must join our main unit here. Those under 14 are not allowed. No exceptions.
- Need to have ArmA 3 installed. Your application will not be processed without a valid Player ID.
- Teamspeak 3 VoIP Client and working microphone/speakers/headset. You need to hear us, we need to hear you. You will not be allowed to begin initial training without these.
- Ability to attend our at least two of our unit wide events on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of every month at around 1900 (7:00pm) - 2130 (9:30pm) Central Standard Time.
2.) Read and Understand the Definition of Realism Gaming:
- The 15th MEU(SOC) Realism Unit is a volunteer unit. By applying, you are stating that a realism environment is how you want to play ArmA III. What we do here is essentially "role playing" that we are members of the military. When involved in official unit activities, you will play your part. Be you a Private, Lance Corporal , Sergeant, or even a Captain or above; or be you a rifleman, fire team leader, or even a platoon commander or above; you are here because realism in gaming is what you want. If you don't wish to participate in this manner, then this unit is likely not the place for you.
- In the Cadet Corps we will teach you the basis of all that is needed to succeed in the full 15th MEU (SOC) Realism Unit. To do this we will teach you the basics and necessities of teamwork, leadership, and discipline that not only apply to this unit, but in all of life.
3.) Check the current open billets posting for a list of open entry level 'jobs' within the Unit.
4.) Fill out our Application Form. Do it right the first time; our recruiting team will appreciate it and your application can be processed faster. If you cannot fill out the application in it's entirety (missing PID, etc.) then don't submit it. Wait until you have all of the required information please.
5.) Wait patiently. We have real lives, real jobs and real commitments to many other things outside of this Unit. Your application will be processed as quickly possible. Sometimes that is an hour, sometimes it's a few days. Please make sure that you have Private Messaging enabled in your user profile. This helps us contact you when we need to.
6.) If you've done everything correctly up to this point then you should see an "application accepted" message on your application, as well as a private message or two giving you instruction on the next steps to becoming a member. Follow these instructions, ask questions when you need to, and have fun!