Posted (edited)

First Name: Devin
Last Name: Morrison
Desired Duty Assignment: 0351 Infantry Assaultman
How long have you been playing ArmA III?: 3+ years

Are you currently in an ArmA III gaming clan or unit?: No
How did you find out about us?: units.arma3.com
If you were recruited by one of our members, who was it?: Guest
Why do you want to join the 15th MEU (SOC) Realism Unit?: A quick note as to why I put Corium as my recruiter. Originally I had no intention of joining the unit until seeing his memorial service and the clips of him playing. That, in and of itself, inspired me to come and apply. I hope it doesn't come off as ignorant or disrespectful, I didn't know the fella but he was clearly someone I would've wanted too.

The reason I would like to join the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit (Special Operations Capable) realism unit is to participate, contribute, and experience a serious, persistent group of gamers who have the same appreciation and interest in ArmA, the USMC; and camaraderie. After having been in a few units myself not connecting with them like I would've hoped, I decided to look for a larger group - which I am initially wary of. As someone who intends on being a Marine and has become knowledgeable about it in the past year, a USMC-based unit was what I was going for. The 15th MEU(SOC) seems to be the best house in the neighborhood, in my case.

Furthermore, after watching your YouTube channel to see what it was like to be apart of the unit, I saw and watched in its entirety, the "Corium Memorial Service" where I, not knowing the man, became solemn. While from an outsider's point of view, ArmA III realism might be silly, you gentlemen took the death of a friend seriously and went above and beyond. This earned my respect and inspired me to apply.

With that being said, despite being 17 on the 4th of August, I cannot qualify for the unit and must apply for the Cadet Corps. While missing a Summer deployment is something I'd prefer not to do, I figure I need to follow the rules.

Thank you for this opportunity,
Devin Morrison

ArmA III Player ID: 76561198293978020
Steam Name: dmorrison2k
Steam Profile Link:

Do you understand that as of 30SEP2017 you will be required to own Arma 3 Apex DLC in order to actively participate in the unit?: Yes
Please check your user profile and ensure that the email address you registered with is correct. Have you done this?: Yes
Have you read and understood the definition of Realism Gaming and do you agree to abide by it?: Yes
Have you read and understood the requirements for our unit and the criteria for being active and taking a billet in this unit and that failure to complete said criteria will place you into the reserve platoon?: Yes
You understand the fact that this unit is a CST (GMT -6) time zone based unit, and the attendance requirements of operations on Sundays at 1900 CST (0100 GMT)?: Yes

Edited by Sgt Riggenti

Greetings, Mr. Morrison,

Application accepted. Within the next 24 hours you will receive a welcome aboard private message with some general instructions to get you initially set up. Please reply to that private message within 48 hours to indicate you have received the message and understand the instructions. Check the PHASE ONE sub-board for the next available scheduled Recruit Training for the Cadet Corps. There will be a sign up thread.

In Summary:
Step 1: Receive Welcome Aboard Message and follow the instructions in it.

Step 2: Reply to the Welcome Aboard private message within 48 hours to indicate you have received the instructions. Include any questions you have.

Step 3: Sign up for a "Cadet Corps Recruit Training" in the Recruit Training Forum.

Note: Steps 2 and 3 are interchangeable.

Thank you and once again, welcome aboard, Recruit.

Respectfully Submitted,
Sgt Riggenti
Recruiting Office Detachment Personnel

SGT B. RIGGENTI | 15M2773
Squad Leader | S-1 Recruit Processor | S-3 ITB Chief Instructor
3rd Battalion, 1st Marines

AD-%20Riggenti%2005-17_zpsho6h078a.pngAD-1yrservstrp_new_zps3f4df928.png

Withdrawn by request from applicant.

SGT B. RIGGENTI | 15M2773
Squad Leader | S-1 Recruit Processor | S-3 ITB Chief Instructor
3rd Battalion, 1st Marines

AD-%20Riggenti%2005-17_zpsho6h078a.pngAD-1yrservstrp_new_zps3f4df928.png