• Hawaii Time Pacific Time Mountain Time Central Time* Eastern Time Western European Eastern European Eastern Daylight

*Official unit time is Central Time. All times posted are in the Unit time unless otherwise indicated.

Creating Tables in the New Forums

HM3 (Ret) Sellers

Thanks for the reply, Col.

Looking at my toolbar: LINK, I don't seem to have the option to select the Source Editor.

According to this Invision blog: LINK, the Source Editor may be, by default, accessible only to administrators.

If at all possible, could regular users be granted access to the editor as well? Of course, assuming that wouldn't cause any security threats. Otherwise, I can try to get by with copy+pasting tables if need be.

Thanks!

Copying and pasting from Google docs and sheets is your easiest bet.

You can paste an Embed link from Google Sheets (found in Sharing options), and it will display the sheet and also refresh with updates as the sheet is updated in Google. As I've done here with the ITB Cycle Calendar.

You can also copy paste direct from a Google Doc and it will retain your formatting.

here is with the color of the background set to white:

Week

Team Training

Squad Training

Gunnery and Team Comms Eval

Movement and MOUT Eval

Convoy Eval

Mobile Defense Eval

MOUT and Defense

here is with no color in the table, border and text colors set in Google Sheets just before copy+paste:

Week

Team Training

Squad Training

Movement and MOUT Eval

Convoy Eval

Mobile Defense Eval

MOUT and Defense

However, if you want to delete it you need to go into Source and select all the html for the table and delete it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sgt Riggenti said:

Copying and pasting from Google docs and sheets is your easiest bet.

You can paste an Embed link from Google Sheets (found in Sharing options), and it will display the sheet and also refresh with updates as the sheet is updated in Google. As I've done here with the ITB Cycle Calendar.

You can also copy paste direct from a Google Doc and it will retain your formatting.

here is with the color of the background set to white:

Week

Team Training

Squad Training

Movement and MOUT Eval

Convoy Eval

Mobile Defense Eval

MOUT and Defense

here is with no color in the table, border and text colors set in Google Sheets just before copy+paste:

Week

Team Training

Squad Training

Movement and MOUT Eval

Convoy Eval

Mobile Defense Eval

MOUT and Defense

However, if you want to delete it you need to go into Source and select all the html for the table and delete it.

The issue with this is that not everyone can use tables/the source button - you have some extra permissions, I believe. However - for anyone with permissions, the above is a good solution.

@HM3 (FMF) Sellers I will work on a solution for you and post back here once it's ready.

• Like 2

Bringing the source editor to users is a pretty big security risk due to the fact you can do some funky stuff, sadly. I can't in good conscience recommend it - even if IPB strips out some of the more "funky" things that might cause damage.

On 4/25/2017 at 4:42 PM, Cpl H. Taylor said:

That would be good. Sometimes I've wanted to do some more advanced formatting that I can't get to in the WYSIWYG editor.

Copy+pasta is great for that, much better than the old forums. I do all the writing in G Docs, and the editor picks up all my formatting. If you don't have the Source button, you can just cancel the post, fix it in the G Doc, and start a new post.

• 2 weeks later...