I seem to get anywhere between 10-20 PM's a week with questions about becoming a student pilot. I an attempt to preemptively answer these questions, I felt it prudent to outline the pipeline for 7599's. Here it is. All applicants please thoroughly read before attempting to contact me. Thankyou 1. Unit Application
The first step is obviously to apply to the unit, but how you apply is important. Due to changes to pipeline that took affect 2-3 months ago, No applicant will be accepted into the Aviation Combat Element (ACE) until they have completed the entire RCT Training Pipeline
. This means that even though you may select "7599 Student Pilot" as your MOS on your application, you will be required to select a different MOS during Phase 1 of recruit training. If you wish to select this "alternate MOS" on your application asw opposed to "7599 Student Pilot" you may do so. Doing this will not affect your ability to join ACE if that is your wish. 2. Phase 1 - Recruit Training
Next you, as will all recruits regardless of their MOS, must completed Phase 1 of the Recruit Training Pipeline. Make sure that you have FULLY read your accpetance letter, and have completed all the necessary instructions as indicated. This will be essential for your successful completion of Phase 1. Failure to show up prepared for the class can and will often result in your dismissal from the class. If this happens you will need to sign up for another day. During Phase 1, you should promted to specify your MOS verbally. It should also be instructed to you that your verbal selection may differ from your application.
Your MOS selection will do a couple things. First off, 7599 Student Pilot is not authorized to be selected. You must select an MOS to hold until your transfer to ACE is authorized. Until authorized, you will be required to fulfill that role. Your MOS will determine this role as well as which branch of PHASE 2 you must complete. Choose Wisely. 3. PHASE 2 - School of Infanrty (SOI)
Next you must complete PHASE 2 of Recruit Training which is SCHOOL OF INFANTRY. Every member of the unit is required to complete this phase prior to attaining active duty status. SOI is broken down into 3 branches, and the MOS you have selected determines which branch you must attend. The branches and their asociated MOS is outlined bellowInfantry Training Battalion (ITB)
- 0311 Rifleman, 0331 Machine Gunner, 0341 Mortar Man, 0351 Assault ManMarine Combat Training (MCT)
- 0811 Field Artillery Cannoneer, 1812 M1A1 Crewman, 1833 AAV Crewman, 2336 EOD Technician, 5811 Military Police, 7599 Student Pilot <----- this is specified in order to define the minimum training required to transfer. DON'T LET THAT CONFUSE YOUFleet Medical Training Battalion (FMTB)
- HM-8404 Corpsman
In order to successfully transfer to ACE as a Student Pilot you must complete either ITB or MCT.
Completing either one of these phases will complete the requirements needed to enter ACE at the entry level of Student Pilot. FMTB DOES NOT. Once completing FMTB, you will be required to then go back and obtain MCT at a minimum prior to being allowed to transfer. As FMTB is only requred for Corpsman, selecting any MOS other than Corpsman will not require additional training prior to tranfering4. Requesting Transfer to ACE
Now that you have completed the Recruit Training Pipeline, the only thing standing in your way in "Requesting a Transfer to ACE". To properly do that you simply make a post in the following thread (http://15thmeu.net/forums/index.php?board=72.0
). BE AWARE, that you will not be able to post nor view this thread until you have completed PHASE 1 of the Recruit Training Pipeline. The title of the post should be "NAME requesting transfer from CURRENT ASSIGNMENT to ACE". In the body of the post, YOU MUST SPECIFY WHICH DETACHMENT YOU WANT TO TRANSFER TO. Failure to do this will VOID your request.
The following rules govern transfer requests
- Vacancies are filled on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis. This means that the first person to request a vacant position will get the spot regardless of tenure. ACE does not hold billets, unless there is an extenuating cirmustance (such instances must be approved by me personally). THEREFOR, ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU THAT YOU MAY HAVE A POSITION IN ACE PRIOR TO BEING ELIGIBLE TO FILL SAID POSITION IS LYING TO YOU (unless that person is me ).
- All transfers into ACE require approval from both your current supervisor, and ACE prior to being authorized. Since transferring to ACE means that you will have to be elligible to be an Officer , I require a full performance review of a member prior to them being allowed into ACE. IN SIMPLISTIC TERMS, I AM TELLING YOU THAT IF YOU CAUSE TROUBLE, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO ACE. I retain the right to remove anyone from ACE who is deemed unfit to be an officer.
5. Report Into Flight School
- You are NOT permited to request a transfer unil you complete PHASE 2 of Recruit Training.
If a vancy exists and you have requested a transfer into that position in accordance with the rules listed above, you NOW reserve that position. Once S-1 processes your transfer, It is finalized and you officially become a part of ACE. The final thing to due is to report into Flight School here ---> http://15thmeu.net/forums/index.php?topic=381.0
. The ACE Air Operations Officer (Capt Cook) will then reply to your post with your next step.
Hope this makes things a little easier to understand.
Aviation Combat Element